Freedom. It’s a good thing. We get to practice it daily without second thought. We like what we like and sometimes we are the only one’s who can make sure we get the right meal, our coffee made just the right way, or pick out clothes that fit perfectly and that’s totally OK. I think it’s why we love getting gift cards so much. We are free to decide what we want without the awkward “Thanks” when getting handed that triplicate sweater everyone knew was “so you”, or the CD you have no use for because you have your perfectly crafted stream set up digitally. We partnered with Target to bring you this slice of holiday cuteness as part of their #GiftCardCheer campaign.
It’s funning knowing how great it is to receive a gift card, that one would feel not awesome about giving a gift card. Chin up Buck, we devised three simple and thoughtful ways to give a gift card, make you look like The Champion of Thoughtfulness, and get the receiver double excited about the freedom to get what they really want, and in a way that’s super fun.
Brace yourself. You are going to need to get some fun items to execute the confetti popper style gift card giving situation. We went to Target to get everything we needed in the holiday section with the exception of the white crinkle confetti and tissue paper, which we got in the party section.
We picked the puppy Target GiftCard® because who doesn’t love a cute lil pup, and also he fit inside of an empty paper towel roll. If you aren’t much of a reader, here is a supply list:
Scissors with a cool edge
Clear tape (washi tape would work too)
An emptied paper towel roll
Sparkly items like the wired stars and metallic ribbon (I was making ours for a child, so skipped the wire and used the metallic ribbon, but the wire looks so cute)
Two types of tissue paper.
A treat like chocolate kisses
1.Those cool edged scissors come in handy for your first step. Fold one sheet of tissue paper in half and then cut down the center with these toothy looking fellas.
2.Cut your empty paper towel roll in half (with whichever scissors you want)
3. Roll the tissue paper around your ½ paper towel roll. The decorative cut side of the tissue paper should be the side that hangs off.
4. The part that will be “cracked open” should look like this:
5. The excess overhang from your decorative cut side should look like this image above so you can tie it shut with a ribbon or wire.
6. Now the fun part! Stuff your popper with confetti, treats, rolled up notes, and your Target Gift Card.
7. Take your contrasting tissue paper and fold into thirds like above, folding each side equally to create a door of sorts.
8. The seam of the tissue paper you folded should be facing up, lay the two parts of the popper you wrapped should be joined together and lightly taped, and then placed near the edge of the contrasting tissue paper. Tightly roll and then tape shut.
9. You will wind up with something like this! A Pretty popper, perfectly filled with treats!
Festive Mini Piñata
This is so easy, you don’t need instructions, but you needed the idea if you are going to be a champion gift card giver! We got this tiny piñata in the party section of Target for $3.99 and filled it with crinkle confetti, chocolate kisses, cut metallic ribbon, and a loaded gift card. We then dressed up Santa’s little helper with some festive trim around his neck and he’s ready to hang up when ready to give!
Giving Twice is Nice
TOMS for Target has a pretty amazing selection for everyone on your list, and each item goes to feeding someone for a week, giving them shoes, or a blanket. A gift card fits perfectly well in one of their very pretty water bottles, so giving and then giving again is really easy.
Compensation was provided by Target for our opinion and craftiness.