Oh Happy Monday! I can’t believe Summer is almost over! It’s killing me that we are still mid-crazy-kitchen-reno + house painting + repairing exterior wood detail + landscaping. I can’t wait until it’s complete, it’s going to feel sooooooooo good! It makes for a bunch of blog posts, but that’s only when you have to time to actually write about what you are doing! If you follow our Instagram, you can see the amazing ($124!!!!) lights we got going on that totally changed everything in the Kitchen along with all our #MAHAHKitchenReno progress.
It’s Monday, so I am going to take a step back and keep it light. Grab some wood or bamboo forks, paint, a gold pen and make those simple forks cute and custom.
Here are some tips to make it a snap:
- Cut your paint with water , your forks will dry quicker if they aren’t coated with paint and they will look more rustic.
- Use a paint brush, dipping gave a goopy texture for me!
- Grab an old shoe box and poke 1 inch holes in it and stab your wet fork in the hole (dry side down) to create a clean drying space.
- Use a gold pen to add design features (or clean up and sloppy paint edges!)
- Keep adding white to your color do make your forks monochromatic and do a whole bunch!
Like small projects? Check out other one-a-week posts!