Are we instafriends? If not, lets be – especially if you are into food posts. Look us up, makingahouseahome is our name. I usually pop up a photo of what I am cooking to test interest before deciding if I should do a post.
This is a pretty quick and tasty meal, and perfect for a chilly night. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch of swiss chard cleaned with stems cut
- 2 handfulls of while mushrooms (brush off dirt, don't wet), chopped coarsely
- 1 cup of polenta
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook polenta according to instructions.
- While polenta is cooking boil the chard until tender when poked with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, squeeze dry and pat with paper towel. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Dry fry mushrooms until they sweat and add 1 tablespoon of oregano and sprinkle with salt.
- Add chard to the mushroom frying pan and continue to fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- When polenta is complete, remove from heat. Add cheese, butter, and the rest of oregano and thyme. Mix well. Set aside.
- Scoop polenta into serving bowl and top with mushroom and chard mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
This recipe was adapted from William Sonoma.