I have gained 20 lbs. T-W-E-N-T-Y whole pounds. I do have the pregnancy thing going on, but still. That’s 20 lbs that weren’t there before. I am kind of freaked out. I am not getting any younger, and my metabolism wasn’t what it was when I was playing soccer every day. I needed to find some better alternatives to my hyper-sweet tooth during pregnancy. I actually don’t like ice cream, and don’t think I ever have even had a milkshake in my life, but this recipe defies all reason. Trust me. It’s addictivly good, and creamy, and actually GOOD FOR YOU. Not, better than the bad stuff, but GOOD for you.
The ingredients are super simple and clean. While making this, I realized how much I like dates. They are seriously good. How come I didn’t know this before?
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa
- 4 Dates, pitted and chopped
- ¾ cup soy or nut milk
- Agave to taste
- Small handful of ice
- Start by scooping the avocado into a blender and then add everything but the milk and blend.
- Slowly add the milk bit by bit until you get a less of a pudding consistency, and more of something you can drink through a straw.
See how rich and creamy it looks? It’s sooooooooo good! I am addicted and so happy to make a smoothie without peanutbutter in it just because it has a chocolate base!
It looks thick, and it is, but it’s smooth enough to use a straw! Enjoy!
Like yummy food? Then check out more let’s eat posts!