1. What’s Your Name and URL: My name is Duane Hosein and you can find me at www.duanehosein.com
2. When did you start blogging? What drove you in the direction or fine arts?: I became addicted to the whole concept of “online journaling” after joining Livejournal in the 90’s. At the height of my addiction, I had three separate journals. As far as starting an actual blog, it’s been almost two years. My first attempt was on Blogger, but I recently switched to WordPress. Ever since I could hold a pencil, I knew that fine art was my calling.
3. What has been your favorite post?: My favourite post has been the one that showcases my Hell-themed series. Here it is: http://duanehosein.blogspot.com/2009/03/hell-is-here.html
4. Where do you go to for inspiration?: When inspiration dwindles, I head to the nearest art store. Wandering through isles of supplies, is a great way to spark creativity. My bank account always gets very nervous during these visits.
5. Every artist should: Always maintain a vivid imagination.
6. If you had unlimited funds you would buy: A loft in DUMBO, specifically to house art supplies.
7.If you were to expand into another art medium, you would: Become a collagist. Admittedly, I am pretty terrible at it.
8. What’s your favorite piece of art: I am going to be rebellious and name three. Here goes: “The Witches Sabbath” – Francisco Goya, “Rhinoceros” – Albrecht Durer and for something a bit more contemporary “The Hydra Of Babylon” – Camille Rose Garcia.
9. Your style is: I have been told that my style is very whimsical and that definitely fits.
10. Three words to describe your personal taste: Odd, classic and colourful.
Thanks for the interview, Lana!